I had one New Year’s resolution in 2015, and it was to read 2 books a month for all 12 months.
I am pleased to say that not only did I accomplish this task, but I totally murdered it!
As I type this post, just 3 days away from the new year, I am currently half way through my 28th book!
I can honestly say that this experience has been life changing, and I will undoubtedly continue this hobby through 2016 and beyond.
If there is one resolution you make this coming year, take it upon yourself to READ MORE!
According to The Internets, the average person spends about 90 minutes per day on social media!
The average person also takes about 2 minutes to read a single page in a book.
You do the math.
If we all read as voraciously as we hit the “like” button on complete nonsense, a lot of the problems in this world would cease to exist.
I truly believe that.
I also believe that any amount of formal education is rendered completely and utterly useless if you stop learning the day you graduate.
I implore you to make the investment in yourself, and read great non fiction books about the world in which we live.
Study history, politics, economics, science, philosophy, psychology – read the biographies of the great men and women that have lived before us (or are still alive today) and learn as much as you can about their lives and from their wisdom.
What you’ll soon discover is that you aren’t at all that much different from any of them.
You have everything you need to succeed and do great things.
All you need is an open mind and a desire to improve yourself.
Now, while I do understand that we are all individuals with different interests and aspirations, I believe that I have read 27 amazing books this year.
While I don’t expect everyone who reads this post to want to read each and every single book I list, I would hope that there are at least a few on here for everyone.
I will list these books in the order in which I read them, and provide a link for each one so that you can get some more information about them, and/or purchase a few if they tickle your fancy.
Before I do so, I’d like to wish everyone that has supported this blog by reading, subscribing, and sharing my posts, a very Happy New Year.
I truly appreciate, you.
Without further ado….
- The Happiness of Pursuit, Chris Guillebeau
- The Autobiography of Martin Luther King Jr.
- Striking Thoughts – Wisdom For Daily Living, Bruce Lee
- Tribes, Seth Godin
- The Art of Non Conformity, Chris Guillebeau
- Empire State of Mind – How Jay-Z Went From Street Corner to Corner Office, Zack O’ Malley Greenburg
- The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin
- The Education of Millionaires, Michael Ellsberg
- Waking Up – A Guide To Spirituality Without Religion, Sam Harris
- Drive – The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us, Daniel H. Pink
- The New Jim Crow – Mass Incarceration In The Age of Colorblindness, Michelle Alexander
- The 48 Laws of Power, Robert Greene
- Total Recall – My Unbelievable True Life Story, Arnold Schwarzenegger
- America’s Bitter Pill -Money, Politics, Backroom Deals, And The Fight To Fix Our Broken Healthcare System, Steven Brill
- The Road To Character, David Brooks
- The Social Animal – The Hidden Sources of Love, Character, and Achievement, David Brooks
- Essentialism – The Disciplined Pursuit of Less, Greg McKeown
- The War of Art – Break Through The Blocks And Win Your Inner Creative Battles, Steven Pressfield
- The Power of Being Yourself – A Game Plan For Success By Putting Passion Into Your Life And Work, Joe Plumeri
- Undeniable – Evolution And The Science of Creation, Bill Nye
- The Glass Cage – How Computers Are Changing Us, Nicholas Carr
- Turning Pro – Tap Your Inner Power And Create Your Life’s Work, Steven Pressfield
- Relentless – From Good To Great To Unstoppable, Tim S. Grover
- Lies My Teacher Told Me – Everything Your American History Textbook Got Wrong, James W. Loewen
- Guns, Germs, And Steel – The Fate of Human Societies, Jared Diamond
- How Markets Fail – The Logic of Economic Calamities, John Cassidy
- The Sixth Extinction – An Unnatural History, Elizabeth Kolbert