1. Sleep 8-10 hours per night.
2. Eliminate wheat, dairy, soy, and refined sugar from your diet because inflammation is a b*tch.
3. Cook your own food.
4. Buy Organic.
5. Eat 6+ servings of vegetables per day.
6. If you can’t eat that many, drink them.
7. Eat 3-5 servings of fruit daily.
8. Take a high quality probiotic and greens supplement daily.
9. Throw a pharmaceutical grade fish oil in as well; aim for 3 grams of EPA and DHA daily.
10. Lift weights 3-4 days per week, but don’t train like a bodybuilder.
11. Do some conditioning at least once per week, but preferably twice.
12. Do some soft tissue work (foam rolling) and mobility drills daily; your body will thank you for it.
13. Don’t watch TV during the week.
14. Read at least 2 books per month; this is easy if you follow 13.
15. Spend less time on social media; this is easy if you follow 14.
16. Drink coffee daily, especially before training.
17. Eat wild salmon 1-2 times per week.
18. Eat grass fed beef at least once per week.
19. Drink less alcohol.
20. Say “please” and “thank you” often.
21. Remember everyone’s name and use them often.
22. Play a sport.
23. Pick up a hobby, or even better, a quest.
24. Be passionate about things.
25. Care about others.
26. Don’t talk about people when they aren’t around; not only is it rude, but it makes you look like an a**hole.
27. Get your body fat below 12%, and maintain that all year around.
28. Stop “working out.”
29. Never bring your cell phone to the weight room or the dinner table.
30. Stop saying you don’t have time; if you want something badly enough you will make time – get your priorities straight.
31. Drink half of your body weight in ounces of water daily.
32. Stop saying “I’m old.”
33. Stop curling in the squat rack and making these mistakes.
34. Listen to lots of music, especially Hip Hop, especially while training; and not the shit they play on the radio, either.
35. Set goals and crush them.
36. Get a deep tissue massage at least once per month; if you can spend 50-100 bucks at happy hour you can afford to take care of yourself as well.
37. Don’t make excuses; 9 times out of 10 it’s your fault – Deal with it.
38. Spend more time with friends and family.
39. Practice intermittent fasting.
40. Stop cooking with vegetable oils and use organic, cold pressed coconut oil instead.
42. Keep an open mind, 5+5=10, but so does 7+3; there is usually more than one right way of doing things.
44. Try to watch 1 good movie per week.
46. Stop saying “I can’t;” YOU CAN – believe in yourself!
47. Don’t get sick.
48. Don’t take a “selfie” unless there are two or more people in the photo; and if you do take one, please don’t quote Gandhi or Maya Angelou. If they were still alive they would hate you.
49. Eat at a great restaurant at least once per month.
50. Subscribe to, read, and share this blog with as many people as possible!